Dial-A-Ride is an Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) paratransit service. It provides accessible door-to-door transportation to eligible people with disabilities in Livermore, Pleasanton, Dublin, and the surrounding unincorporated areas of Alameda County. This service is available whenever fixed-route service is operating.
Dial-A-Ride is public shared ride transportation. Drivers can provide assistance to the vehicle from the front door of the origin and to the front door of the destination but do not enter private businesses or residences.
Contact Telephone Numbers
- Dial-A-Ride Reservations & Cancellations: 925-455-7510
- Questions and Comments: 925-455-7555
- General Customer Service: 925-455-7500
- Pleasanton Paratransit Service: 925-931-5376
- AT&T’s California Relay Service is available for individuals with hearing/ speech impairments: 1-800-735-2929 (TDD) or 1-800-735-2922 (Voice), or you may dial 711.
Service Area and Hours of Operation
Dial-A-Ride Service is available in Dublin and Livermore during the days and times Wheels fixed route bus service is operating.
Service is expanded to serve ADA-eligible riders in Pleasanton when City of Pleasanton Paratransit service is not operating or cannot accommodate a trip. For Pleasanton residents, Pleasanton Paratransit provides ADA Paratransit services weekdays between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM. Please call 925-931-5376 or visit the Pleasanton Paratransit Service website for information. If Pleasanton Paratransit cannot accommodate a ride, Wheels Dial-A-Ride will provide the service.
Dublin and Livermore
Approximately 4:30 AM to 1:30 AM seven days per week.
During the times when Wheels fixed route service is operating and Pleasanton Paratransit service is not operating:
|Weekdays||4:30 AM to 8:00 AM
5:00 PM to 1:30 AM
|Sundays and Holidays||4:30 AM to 1:30 AM|
Any trips that Pleasanton Paratransit is unable to fulfill, Wheels Dial-A-Ride will accommodate the trip.
The Dial-A-Ride fare is $3.75 per one-way trip. Prepaid tickets are available at Wheels Administrative Office and at the Livermore Transit Center. Click here for address and contact information.
Exact change is required. Drivers DO NOT carry cash.
Booking a Reservation
Dial-A-Ride riders may reserve their trips by phone by calling 925-455-7510.
Reservations must be made at least the day before the trip is needed by 5:00 PM seven days a week and can be made up to one week in advance. Reservationists are available on:
- 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. seven days a week
Booking Interagency Travel
Riders may schedule trips which take them into the service area of other Bay Area ADA paratransit providers. The scheduler will make the arrangements with the other paratransit provider.
To assure that we can accommodate the coordination of your transfer trip with another agency, please call up to seven days in advance, but at least by 3pm the day before the transfer trip.
Passenger Pick Ups
Passengers should wait at the entrance of their pick-up location and be visible to the driver. The pick up window is defined as a thirty (30) minute time period starting from the scheduled pick-up time. The pick-up is considered on time if the vehicle arrives anytime within the 30 minute pick-up window. For example, if the pick-up is scheduled for 2:30 p.m., the vehicle may arrive anytime between 2:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. and be considered on time.
Riding on Dial-A-Ride
A wheelchair accessible vehicle will be provided when needed and all drivers receive special training in the boarding and securing wheelchairs.
- Drivers are not permitted to operate the controls of any powered mobility device.
- It is suggested that all wheelchairs have locking brakes.
- For safety reasons, individuals in scooter type mobility devices may be asked to move to a seat.
- All riders are required to use a seatbelt. Lap belts will be provided for individuals who use wheelchairs and do not have their own lap belt.
- Mobility devices must be free of bags, baskets and any other attachments that may interfere with securement.
- When purchasing a new wheelchair or scooter, riders should consider if it will fit on Dial-A-Ride vehicles.
Eligibility & Registration
In order to be eligible for Dial-A-Ride service, it must be determined that you are eligible for paratransit services under the Americans with Disabilities
Wheels Dial-A-Ride has policies that passengers are expected to know. Limitations of Door-to-Door Service Missed Services and Late Cancellations On-Demand
Reservations are taken seven (7) days a week from 8:30am to 5pm. Reservations can be made up to seven (7) days in advance and as late as the day before the
Dial-A-Ride Service Area Map 2015